Last Updated August 4, 2020
What Information Do We Collect?
1. Personal Information
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally (whether alone or in combination), such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number and credit or debit card details. We will also collect information about your children that you provide, such as your child’s name, school, grade and preferences. We do not collect any Personal Information from you when you use the Services unless you provide us with the Personal Information voluntarily.
2. Non-Personal Information
In addition, we may also automatically collect additional non-personal information (“Non-Personal Information”), including usage data that is collected when you use the Website and/or the Services, such as your IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Website you visit, order information, and similar information concerning your use of the Services.
How Do We Collect Information?
- Yay Lunch collects the Personal Information you provide to us when you create an account on the Website, and also tracks your use of the Website by monitoring how you engage with our Website. We process all of this usage data to facilitate your access to our services (e.g., to adjust our services to the device you are using), and in an anonymized form for statistical purposes and to improve our site.
- If you receive emails from us, we may use certain analytics tools, to capture data such as when you open our email or click on any links or banners our email contains. This data helps us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.
- Our cookies currently include files for:
- Yay Lunch functionality
- Stripe, our payment gateway, and
- Google Analytics.
We may use the information gathered when you sign up for our Services, Personal Information, and the Non-Personal Information, to:
- Efficiently process transactions and provide you with the Website and the Services, including responding to requests and inquiries and providing you with notices, such as updates or changes that we may make to the Services.
- Inform you about our products, services, upcoming events, and special promotions and those of our third-party marketing partners.
- In order to offer promotions and sweepstakes, and to deliver advertising to you on or off or the Yay Lunch website, we may share your Personal Information and Non-Personal Information with trusted third-party promotional and marketing partners, as discussed in more detail below.
- We analyze Non-Personal Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Website and the Services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and Services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
How Do We Disclose Your Information?
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect. We may disclose information that we collect through the Services with third parties as follows:
- Service Providers. We may share your information with our agents and service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf, such as to host the Services, manage databases, host a store or other e-commerce platform, perform analyses, or conduct surveys.
- Trusted Business Partners. We may share your information with trusted business partners that we believe share our values, including respect for your privacy, so that they can provide you with special offers, promotional materials, advertisements and other materials that may be of interest to you. However, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these business partners, which may use your information for their own purposes.
In Connection With a Transfer of Assets. As we develop our business, we may sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event, Personal Information, Billing Information, and Non-Personal Information may be part of the transferred assets.
Other Parties When Required By Law or as Necessary to Protect the Services. To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose Personal Information, Billing Information, and Non-Personal Information when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe in good faith that disclosing the such information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Yay Lunch or others.
Other Parties With Your Consent. We may share information about you with other third parties when you consent to such sharing.
Aggregate Information. We may disclose to third parties information that does not describe or identify individual users, such as aggregate website usage data or demographic reports. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information. Choices About How We Collect, Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding our collection, use and disclosure of the information you provide to us. The mechanisms listed below aim to provide you with control over such collection, use and disclosure:
Marketing Communications. If you do not want us to send you marketing or promotional communications, you can opt-out by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any such promotional emails or by visiting http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/ and http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1.
Cookies. You have the option to accept or disable cookies at any time through your browser. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. If you choose to disable your cookies, your user experience may be limited.
Google Analytics. You can opt out of tracking by Google Analytics by using Google’s Ads Settings or going to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. You may also opt out of Google marketing products, but please note that this does not opt you out of being served generic ads.
Third-Party Advertising. If you are interested in more information about tailored advertising and your choices to prevent third parties from delivering tailored web advertisements, you may visit the following websites: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. These opt-out tools are provided by third parties. We do not control or operate these tools or the choices that advertisers and others provide through these tools. How We Protect Your Information
We care about and take your privacy seriously. We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of their personal information. We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information and the Non-Personal Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Please understand, however, that no security system is infallible. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail or texts sent to or from the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Information to us via the Internet. Please do not send payment information via email or text. In the event that personal information is compromised as a breach of security, Yay Lunch will promptly notify our customers in compliance with applicable law.
You acknowledge that Yay Lunch may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Services, including without limitation the maximum period of time that data or other content will be retained by the Services and the maximum storage space that will be allotted on yay Lunch’s servers on your behalf. You further acknowledge that Yay Lunch reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion. We will endeavor to give you notice of any such change where required by applicable law.
You can unsubscribe from our emails by using a link in every marketing email we send.You can unsubscribe from getting advertising based on your interest by visiting http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/ and http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1.
Social Networking Services
The Services may allow you to post information to various third-party services or platforms, such as social networking services like Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. You acknowledge that if you choose to use this feature, your friends, followers and subscribers on these third-party services or platforms will be able to view such activity. If you choose to access or make use of third-party social networking services, we may receive information about you that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts on those social networking services.The use of the information by such social networking websites will be governed by their privacy policies, and we do not control their use of the shared data.
Do Not Track Signals
Third parties may keep track of your browsing activities across third party websites. California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) provides that California residents are entitled to know whether we respond to “Do Not Track” browser signals. Certain web browsers enable users to activate a “Do Not Track” signal but we do not currently respond to the “Do Not Track” signal or other similar mechanisms.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
If you wish to access, update, correct or delete any Personal Information in our possession that you have previously submitted via the Services, you may log into your account and make updates. If you wish to make changes not available through your account settings, please contact us at email@example.com.
Our site and Services, under no circumstances, are meant to be used by children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has used our services or provided information to us please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a user of the Website and a California resident, California’s “Shine the Light” law (California Civil Code § 1798.83) permits you to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information (if any) to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If this law applies to you and you would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to the address provided below.
Please note that the Services are directed towards users who reside in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information in and to the United States, or other countries and territories, pursuant to the laws of the United States. Some of these countries may not offer the same level of privacy protection as your own.